Thursday, January 7, 2010

Links down

Most of the download links on this blog are, for the moment, non-functional. I will try to repair them as soon as I can.

For the moment, I suggest looking up my releases on FAKKU - they're all there, except for Futanaric Love 1&2.

I've also started a torrent of all my ero manga releases over at fapis.
http://deadfrog.fapis.com/entry.html?id=15541
Please download and seed if at all possible.

Edit: Just in case anyone's wondering, this isn't the last torrent I'll be putting up. I've pretty much got the hang of it, so I think I can simply create an updated torrent whenever it seems like enough progress has been made to justify doing so.

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for the torrent.
    By any chance, are you planning to translate the new Kensoh Ogawa's doujins from the C77?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shit, you too you're hit by dead links ? That's the 3rd scanlator I like hit like that in two months -_-

    There is something to help you, at least maybe, I'm making you a copy of the message I previously sent to Tonigobe, the last one that I know of having been hit by dead links before you.

    I’d recommend you to read the comments in this blog note, CGC, I’m explaining in details a very easy solution for you, a remote upload + file mirrors combo :

    http://bubbadg.blogspot.com/2009/11/yay.html

    To summarize it hastily, with remote upload you store your files in a non-public though directly accessible place (if you don’t have one, you’re BOUND to have a webmaster friend willing to help, come on). You tell the file hosts (megaporn, hotfile, rapidshare, etcetera) where to fetch your files. They fetch it, give you a public link to share, and your visitors using that link will be downloading from megaporn/hotfile/rapidshare/etc, not from your own hosting account.
    You upload a file once, you can remote upload it an infinite number of files, to any host allowing remote upload.
    Two limitations : depositfiles breaks the zips during remote upload (plus, it takes 12 hours to work, lol), and rapidshare blacklists file hashes when a file is reported.
    And multifile file mirrors : you know sharebee, right ? Well, some multiple file mirrors also take remote upload.
    That means that you can obtain dozens of zip links in 20 seconds, that will make reporting your zip links almost impossible (and the multiple file mirrors don’t accept to kill their own links, calling themselves middle men).

    Think about it ? It’s fast, easy and simple :)

    One inconvenient : if you’re after beer money, of course, obviously, you can keep the remote upload option, but you’ve got to give up on the file mirrors option.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous: The ones I saw were of series I know nothing about (Amagami - which I can't play - and Bakuman). Neither of them looked like ones I want to take on at the moment, sadly.

    @Oliver: Thanks for the advice. I have a webmaster friend (at least two, actually) who's willing to put up storage space if worse comes to worst.
    I'm considering Sharebee as well; it seems like a relatively simple way to do things.

    And no, beer money isn't a concern - if I wanted to get paid for what I do, I'd work on commission! (Of course, that might hurt my chances of going pro, so...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's only one downside with sharebee, they don't take remote upload, so that means you'd have to manually reupload your files each and every time. Not pointing to a place to fetch the file (remote upload), but uploading it, kilobyte after kilobyte.
    It's up to you to see whether you can accept it or not.

    Take care, and good luck going pro whatever you could mean with it,
    Oliver

    ReplyDelete
  5. No problems, then. Remote uploading sounds a bit too complicated for my level.

    By "going pro", I mean that I hope to make translating manga into a profession later on once I feel I'm skilled enough.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, you know, remote uploading is simple when you're used to it.
    You have a place where to host your files, let's say at myfiles.net
    You connect by ftp to your host (ftp.myfiles.net) and upload your file, then you go to a file host (for instance uploadjockey), they offer a remote upload page and you tell them to open myfiles.net/my_new_release.zip, you come back one minute later, and you have a link you can share on your blog.
    If your files are mass-deleted, then back to the previous step, you tell your file host to fetch again myfiles.net/my_new_release.zip, and you have once again a link to share in the next minute.
    Anyway, let's move on.

    That's ambitious to work as a pro translator, but seeing your past releases that's far from being unimaginable, so keep on working well, I sure wish you success, you've sure got your chances at it :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks again for the advice, and also the vote of confidence. I appreciate it very much.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Things that doesnt kill you will just make you stronger. Keep up the great job grey kitty cat. :) do remember that you have friends and fans everywhere that'll try to help you as much as they can! (like oliver)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks. I've got another one almost finished, so sit tight.

    ReplyDelete