Saturday, April 10, 2010

Kemonotachi no Bansan


by: Manabe Jouji (circle: Studio Katsudon)

Since the raws I got were so massive in size, I'm offering two quality levels to choose from.

HQ (~3054px):
Rapidshare | Mediafire | MegaPorn

MQ (1600px):
Rapidshare | Mediafire | MegaPorn | FAKKU!

edit: Finally got the FAKKU link working.


Had a pretty rough computer crash all of a sudden awhile ago, but luckily I had everything backed up and recent, including my progress on this.
Now that I've gotten my install of Photoshop back up to snuff, this one's in the bag!

I'm honestly surprised there's so little Arf/Zafira material in the Nanoha fan-community, on both sides of the Pacific. Too bad, really. (And double that for Arf no longer taking her full-sized human form after A's.)

Thanks go to Nanya for suggesting this. Sorry it took so long!

7 comments:

  1. Great story, and Manabe Jouji is so awesome. I can't get enough of this guy.
    Many thanx SGC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like you translation choices, as well as your translations in themselves - thanks a lot, SGC :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you guys liked it.
    I'm both surprised, and -not- surprised, that the reaction to this in /h/ was rather lukewarm...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heh. Good job with this one, Tora.

    Can't say I really care much about the pairing itself, but the artwork and story are nice. I seriously lol'd at the ending.

    Though in my limited experience, it's often better to go with a downsized version if your images are too big and you don't want to release two versions. I've forgotten about it from time to time, but having larger scanlations is somewhat bothersome for a number of people. (Even 2000px can be too big for some people.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've taken 1600px as a sort of "standard size" for end products. I figured it was best to have both full-size and reduced-size versions available to the reader, though I don't have any particular reason behind that line of thinking.

    Arf+Zafira just has no fandom support. It's odd, to me; when watching A's, it seemed fairly obvious that they intended Zafira to be the Wolkenritter's opposite number to Arf. Comparatively, Fate+Signum and Nanoha+Vita seem to be well-liked pairings. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, 1600px is the standard as far as I know. It's basically the 'big, but not too big' point, I think. Some people do like higher quality, but I think more people find them a hassle more than anything.

    As for Arf/Zafira... well, honestly, I think its due to the fact that Zafira basically has no personality that we're shown. Arf's been neglected since the first Nanoha series, but she still had some major development in that one, so fans know her. On the other hand, Zafira's almost a random face in A's in terms of how much development he gets, and while he DOES get some in Strikers, it's very little compared to pretty much ANY other character. Kinda hard to get attached to him, you know?

    ReplyDelete