Bad news: Computer dead (old hardware; mobo & power). Needs replacing.
Good news: Will be updating hardware; have money saved up to accomplish this; all hard drives safe, salvageable, and with redundant backups, so no work lost.
Not Fun news: All projects delayed until repairs complete.
Will keep everyone updated.
-sgc
EDIT: Computer rebuilt, running smoothly. Now to restore it to full functionality...
(Also, I hate the fact that ATI graphics cards never have decent drivers bundled in. I had to go to the support site to get the drivers that claimed to be on the installation disc. Grr.)
Sunday, May 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Take your time with fixing or replacing your computer. I think most people here'll understand that your current priority goes before all else.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with fixing your computer.
NO! MORE HENTAI NOW BLARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete(Good luck, jesus christ I hate computers sometimes)
Welcome back. Good to hear that your files haven't been lost.
ReplyDeleteHey man, hope you haven't just decided to call it quits without warning us... like so many others have...
ReplyDeletePlease let us know what's going on, even if it's just an update of a sentence or two!!
Hey, how's life treating you? I'd like to see you back here, because those IDIOTS at Soba-Scans have quit, and Anonymous Scanner has dropped off the face of the Earth, and other stuff... Come back to us!
ReplyDeleteMuch love,
FRANCO FERRER!