
Title: Lilium
Artist/Author: Yukimi (under circle name "enuma elish")
Yes, it took forever. But I'm back!
Links:
Rapidshare DL | Megaporn DL | Mediafire DL
FAKKU page
I'm well aware that this took forever. A combination of laziness, perfectionism, and quite a few IRL distractions and delays held this one back, but I don't quit a project like this once it's begun.
Credit for me taking this up goes to Lord Raa.
My next project is a Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha A's doujinshi by Studio Katsudon, a.k.a. Manabe Jouji. Look forward to it!
-sgc
P.S. - That page full of untranslated text is just an author's rant, nothing more.

Yay! Welcome Back!
ReplyDeleteNew SGC and Yukimi sounds good to me! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteSomebody kindly uploaded this to g.e-hentai.org, and I gotta say, this was a brilliant effort. You really nailed Ritsuko's emotional coldness, and the technical work (cleanup, fonts, etc.) were well done, too--thanks for your effort!
ReplyDeleteThanks very much, Anon. In this doujinshi, she was particularly cold - you might notice how her expression remains almost entirely neutral throughout - and spoke coldly, so I tried to keep her diction cold to match.
ReplyDeleteThe cleaning was easy, since everything was written against white space. The fonts were what I really wanted to get right, though - Yukimi used small text within large balloons rather often in this one, for what I assume is the visual effect, so I tried as hard as I could to match that effect. I think I succeeded.
yay! i've been waiting for someone to translate this!
ReplyDeleteEnuma Elish is God tier, much thanks for the release SGT, it's pretty obvious that you're a Evangelion fan considering how natural the dialogue felt.
ReplyDeleteI'm a fan, in a certain sense. I recognize that the series had a LOT of flaws, and there was a lot that I would have liked to be different. However, I like how it drove home the "flawed human" aspect of most of the characters better than many of the series that went before, I appreciate a lot of the subtle touches of character that went into each person you see, and so on.
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't actually rate Evangelion among my favorites, but I am glad I watched it.
I'm also glad that Evangelion pushed the anime industry beyond the "30-minute toy commercial" rut it had been in.
Really though, most of what you see in this one is just my faithful attempt to recreate the storytelling effects used by Yukimi in this doujinshi. He (or is it she?) deserves the lion's share of credit; I just tried to take what he did and put it in English as naturally as possible.
Thanks a lot for the translation, SGC :)
ReplyDeleteMany thanx SGC.
ReplyDeleteNice work with this. Yukimi has a smooth (and shiny) drawing style - very eye pleasing.
ReplyDeleteAlthough at the end, I was actually surprised to see Makinami appear (not realizing this was made after Rebuild 2.0), and then really wished the story had been centered around her... Alas.
Well, knowing how Yukimi seems to alternate between more serious subject matter (like this doujinshi) and light-hearted material, maybe there's a chance to see an enuma elish doujinshi featuring Makinami in a more central role.
ReplyDeleteMight be wishful thinking, but hey, why not?
Welcome back - very glad to see you on your own site . I've tried to find your works at all the places I visit . Appreciate what you do.
ReplyDeleteTrue, he does alternate, but even if he does do a more light hearted story, I have a feeling that it'll be Ritsuko/Maya again... After all, he's done two Eva doujin, and they've both been that pairing. (Well... Ritsuko/Maya/Shinji this time, but still!)
ReplyDeleteOne can hope, but my pessimistic side tells me that the likelihood is sort of low.
But regardless, this story was good. Thanks for the translation, tora.
Thanks!
ReplyDeleteYeah, the artist's rant had stuff about how, despite himself, it ended up a Ritsuko story. (At least, I think it did. I skimmed it.)